The Jessica Stevens Community Foundation formed in 2008 as an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation. Since our inception, we have focused on growing the Jessica Stevens Community Foundation Fund – an unrestricted, permanently endowed fund, that allows the most flexibility to determine how best to meet current and future community needs in the northern Susitna Valley. The funds listed below are advised upon by the Jessica Stevens Community Foundation advisory board.
- Jessica Stevens Community Foundation Fund – This is our flagship granting endowment fund. The earnings from this endowment are used to award grants through a competitive grant cycle to local qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofits. This flexible endowment meets the current needs of our community as they arise. These needs may address any number of issues, such as: social services, hunger, education, arts, and humanities, environmental, and youth services. As this endowment grows, so does our ability to support causes that Alaskans care about.
- Jessica Stevens Community Foundation Operating Endowment Fund – This is the vehicle for the JSCF to become self-sustaining by growing a fund that is specifically designed to support our operations. The interest earned from this fund goes to support operating costs, such as: grant programs, newsletters, community events, office operations, marketing, and outreach. This fund is also used to sponsor training events for JSCF and local nonprofit leaders. The Operating Endowment Fund is essential to achieving our mission and supporting our community.
- Jessica Stevens Community Foundation Non-Endowed Operating Fund – This is a non-endowed fund that we use for our short-term, operational needs.
- Jessica Stevens Community Foundation Memorial Fund – This is a memorial fund that provides a venue for individuals to give in memory of their loved ones in support of compassionate health care, innovative education, social engagement, active enjoyment of the natural environment and creative artistic expression in communities in the Upper Susitna area.
- Ambrose/Stevens Family Fund – This is a donor advised endowment supporting compassionate health care, innovative education, social engagement, enjoyment of the environment & artistic expression in Upper Susitna communities. The JSCF Advisory Board advises on the fund.
- Talkeetna Bachelor Society Fund for Women and Children in Crisis – This is a field of interest fund to support organizations that help women and children in crisis within the Upper Susitna Valley. The JSCF Advisory Board advises on the fund.