July 15 — The Jessica Stevens Community Foundation made awards to the 20 non-profit organizations as part of a cooperative program with BP Exploration Alaska. BP has teamed with JSCF to promote philanthropy throughout the Mat-Su Borough by encouraging citizens to contribute to the many worthy non-profits in the area. Through the BP Mat-Su Valley Challenge Grant, JSCF matched nearly $100,000 in funds raised by these organizations through Oct. 31.
To assist grantees in their fundraising efforts, JSCF partnered in 2009 with the Foraker Group to provide technical support and free training sessions on donor solicitation and stewardship. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Palmer Arts Council
- Family Promise Mat-Su (Mat-Su Valley Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- Friends of Mat-Su
- Denali Arts Council
- Valley Arts Alliance
- Matanuska Community Health Care (The Children’s Place)
- Alaskans for Palmer Hay Flats State Game Refuge
- North America Outdoor Institute
- Radio Free Palmer
- Classroom With A View, Inc.
- Talkeetna Community Radio, Inc.
- Community Sports Inc (Sponsored by Mat-Su RC&D)
- Valley Center for Recycling Solutions
- Willow Health Organization
- Valley Performing Arts
- Alaska Farmlands Trust Corporation
- Palmer Museum of History and Art
- Alaska Wildbird Rehab Center Mat-Su Ski Club
- Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry